Saturday, November 15, 2008

Long overdue update

Wow, a lot of time has past since I have added any comments to this blog. I have reached several milestones since my last update. I have reached my two year anniversary. Time has flown by in that two years. Even though I only drive in the north east region I have seen a lot and logged a lot of miles. I am very fortunate to have a driving career that allows me to be home a lot also. Another milestone that I reached and I say in a whisper as not to jinks myself, but have not had an incident in over 9 months. This has allowed me to have riders with me on the road.
My daughter who could not wait to turn 10 so she could come out on the road with me. We went on my trip up to the Boston area. We started out at 0130. She stayed awake for the first hour of the trip (exit 4 on N.J. turnpike), she woke up just as I was crossing the George Washington Bridge (the GWB). She was awake until the New England Thruway and stayed asleep until my first stop in Franklin, MA. This went on throughout the rest of the day. The only thing she did not enjoy was the 10 hour break. We did have a good time, and enjoyed the time together.
My son went with me on election day. It was supposed to be to New York City area. Instead we went to Colonial Heights, VA and California, MD. What a boring ride. He stayed awake for most of the trip. Though the ride was boring he and I still had a good time. We joked about the only thing to do in California, MD is drink, eat crabs, and play bingo. That's because that is all we saw there. I enjoyed having both of my kids out with me and look forward to having them again.

No comments: