Wednesday, September 30, 2009

More to the country outside the 13 orignial colonies

I have just driven further west than I have since I started driving a truck. I am out in Ohio now. I pulled a heavy load from the eastern shore of Maryland to Ohio. I told my boss that I wanted to be paid per shift for this trip. I down shifted and up shifted a lot on this trip. I am at the Seville OC, the only other OC I have ever been in is the Carlisle, PA OC.

The Seville OC is a nice place. I am sad that it will soon be closing. I feel bad for the people that work there that may soon be out of work or have to relocate. I hope that everything works out for all of them.

I could kick myself for not being a good trip planner. Let me explain. My load coming out to Ohio I dropped off in Groveport. Then I was to bob tail to the Seville, OC and exchange tractors there. Then I had to go to a town near Canton, Ohio for a pick up coming back east. Herein is where the kick comes in. The east bound load was not going to be ready until 8 p.m. I got to the OC around 3p.m. if I remember correctly. Does anyone know what is in Canton, Ohio? Anyone? Bueller?.....That is right the football hall of fame. Therefore, had I done a good trip plan I would have known this and waited for my load to be ready at the previously mentioned hall of fame.

I had no idea that there was more to this country then the 13 original colonies, since I mostly run the north east region.

No comments: