Saturday, May 23, 2009

The week of May18-23

Mon- No problems.

Tues.- I had four stops today one more than usual. My first stop was in Mt. Laural, NJ. If you have ever been on the New Jersey Turnpike or 295 in New Jersey you have been in Mt. Laural. Mt. Laural is where the bridge from a U.S. navy ship can been seen from those roads. It looks odd because the is no water to speak of and it is just the bridge of the ship. The first three stops went well, I even made to Lawrence, NY 45 minutes early. When I pulled in and saw four other trucks waiting I knew I was in trouble. Did not get a door until an hour and a half after my appointment time. So I went fishing. I caught one Sea Robin. After unloading I realized I would not have enough hours to make back to Elkton, so I stayed in Lawrence to take my break. I fished some more and caught 6 more sea robins, and a 20 inch stripper. Of the five people fishing there I was the only one that caught anything.

Wed.- I had to drive back to Elkton from Lawrence. I dropped off my empty trailer and picked up my loading going to Connecticut, and Mass. and drive back up the turnpike. When I did get to my break I slept the whole time.

Thurs.- Once I got back to Elkton I was off the rest of the day.

Fri.- My normal 3 stops near Boston. I got to the rest stop on I-84 in Conn. and went fly fishing. I finally caught a small Brook trout on a fly.

No comments: